Consistency - five steps
By masteryourworld, Apr 3 2016 11:42AM
One of the most common failings we have in life is a lack of consistency. I know this from my own learning experiences throughout the years. I'd really love to play the guitar well, but I know I lack consistency when it comes to practicing every day. My question to myself has to be "how much do I want this?", " how important is this on a scale from 1 -10?. I know when I answer these questions (honestly), the answer is "not vitally important". When it comes to something I really really want I know I can generate enough energy to create it and somehow, it is easy to achieve. When we really want something to happen in our lives we must be committed and consistent - "easier said than done" - I hear you say.
So, what is the answer?
1. How about writing down three things you want to achieve, e.g. losing weight, exercising more, learning to play the guitar - whatever.
2. Next, give each item a time scale. How long will it take to achieve each of item on the list.
3. Take time to visualise the results - see in your mind's eye what the result would look like.
4. Now, take time to get into the feeling of what your reached goals would FEEL like.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 every day for 21 days, taking note of how different you feel daily.
Be kind to yourself - if you miss a day - no big deal. The key is consistency and awareness of your feelings.
Drop me a note and let me know how you are getting on. Perhaps I can help keep you on track.